RE: What's the least input into a score to get midi output added?

From: Fairchild
Subject: RE: What's the least input into a score to get midi output added?
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 10:30:44 -0500

Han-Wen -

I certainly do defer to your judgment because it is based in experience and
knowledge.

The incompatible quote thing is a real annoyance begging a clean solution.
Now if the wrong quote is inserted, Lily derails and spews seemingly
irrelevant errors.  When document snippets must be subtly modified, that's
bad.

I can only propose, hoping to generate responsible thought and disposition.

Maybe a cautionary black box notice in the documents is necessary?  It
certainly would have saved me hours of debugging.

Maybe cleaner use of quotes in the documentation would help?

Maybe better error trapping is possible?

Maybe a document section listing the various marks Lily recognizes and their
use?

Maybe . . . ?

                                         - Bruce