Re: What's the least input into a score to get midi output added?

From: Jay Hamilton, Sound and Silence
Subject: Re: What's the least input into a score to get midi output added?
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 14:06:16 -0700

Thank you that is exactly what I was thinking about. I had no idea that cutting and pasting from PDF would not result in exact duplication in ascii, so a warning is warranted.
Noodig eigenlijk.
Jay

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

I guess the real argument is, clean up the documentation so
that all examples actually work when cut-and-pasted.

I think the proper thing is to add a note to the PDF docs that people should not expect cutting & pasting from the PDF to work. PDF is made for getting accurate printout, not for transporting ascii text.

--
Childhood is a Journey not a race- Emma Sadinsky aged 8
Jay Hamilton