Re: triangle chord notation

From: Johannes Schöpfer
Subject: Re: triangle chord notation
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 09:40:08 +0200

> So if the given notes generated a name like "Em7add11add13"
> now, I would prefer to see "Em7(11 13)" (where the 11 and 13 are stacked
> vertically with one set of parenthesis).

it would be great if th input-syntax would be equal to the printed chordsymbols
in the output. there would be no need that lilypond recognizes all kinds of
chordinput. that would avoid something like "Em7add11add13"(nobody on this
world would write a chord in this style).

c:6.9 would print "c6/9" and not "c6/add9", and i think that is what everybody
expects from this input.

as same chord-symbols can be played diffrently depending on the harmonic
context, it is maybe not useful that lilypond plays the chords in the
midi-files. "band-in-a-box" is a program only for this reason and has also
problems to do it correctly.

johnny
--
http://www.johannes-schoepfer.de