Re: Why do so many newcomers post to bug-lilypond?

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Why do so many newcomers post to bug-lilypond?
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 16:49:53 +0100

2008/11/3 Toine Schreurs <address@hidden>:
> Redundancy is not the solution. Yes, in general, repetition is a good
> technique to become familiar with something unknown. The first read gives
> questionmarks, the second one gives the Aha's.
>
> But it is almost impossible to maintain documentation if the information
> is somehow duplicated over different locations.
> The adagium "Single Point Of Information" is much more important than
> Redundancy, especially for rapid-changing programs like Lilypond.

I don't think that an informal page like the one I linked needs to be
in the official documentation, and it is not affected by changes in
LilyPond.

Granted, there *is* an official FAQ page, but it is not evolving, it
is outdated (e.g. speaks about sponsoring). We should remember it
exists and maintain it, link more frequently to it... or use a wiki.
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org