Re: user vs. user (was: User vs Developer: Round 2 (and half-time?) (was

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: user vs. user (was: User vs Developer: Round 2 (and half-time?) (was: Re: music font)
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 08:52:06 -0600

On Jan 24, 2012, at 5:57 AM, Graham Percival wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 01:50:13AM +0100, Janek Warchoł wrote:
>>
>> 2012/1/23 Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>:
>>> why I never *demand*
>>> developers to fix an issue, even if it is one that is really annoying
>>> my ego in almost every score I typeset.
>>
>> One thing comes to my mind: you are talking about bugs that annoy many
>> people, and they waste a lot of your own time.  Have you considered
>> organizing a collective bounty to fix that bug?
>
> We now have a webpage for this:
> http://lilypond.org/sponsoring.html

Good idea!  As a non-programmer, offering feedback and money are the best
options I have for supporting Lilypond development.

It's not clear how to offer a bounty on a specific issue through the Website,
if that is even possible.  Also, it's not clear there is any way to contribute
to some sort of general fund to pay for server space, bandwidth, other
operating expenses.  Maybe those things are covered already, I don't know.