Re: user vs. user (was: User vs Developer: Round 2 (and half-time?)(was:

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: user vs. user (was: User vs Developer: Round 2 (and half-time?)(was: Re: music font)
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 12:35:05 +0000

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 12:27:56PM -0000, Phil Holmes wrote:
> >Of course, a 96-hour reponse rate isn't precisely fantastic, but
> >it's a start.
>
> Well - TBH time isn't of the essence as a general rule.  Whether a
> bug gets added to the tracker in one day or 3 rarely affects the
> overall development.

Our published materials says "24 hours":
http://lilypond.org/bug-reports.html
(step 4: wait for a response)

If the norm is 72 hours, or 96, or 168 hours, we should update
that accordingly.  I don't mind what the number is, just as long
as we give users an honest appraisal of how long they should wait.
IMO taking a 95% cutoff is reasonable -- i.e. if 95% of emails are
replied to within 80 hours, let's publish "please allow up to 80
hours".

- Graham