Re: Denemo-feedback

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Denemo-feedback
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 19:57:32 +0100

Hi Richard,

>>  It can't use lilypond with it for some reason (it crashes
> I trust you don't mean that Denemo itself crashes? Just that LilyPond

No Denemo does not crash. But the Print View tells me: INVALID! Lilypond
can not typeset this score.

> In the Edit->Preferences->Externals tab you can set the path to
> lilypond. I believe I have seen this failure to find LilyPond too when
> testing the GNU/Linux binary, I don't know what that is due to.

The lilypond path was set correctly in the preferences. In fact, it just
tells me that it fails and it does not show the preview. But I can
export a pdf. So LP is found somehow.

>> The look is still similar to Windows 95. On the website I saw something
>> gnome-like but not in my installed version. Is that available?
>
> I don't understand this comment - what is the link?

http://www.denemo.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/display7.png

My version looks more like this:
http://www.denemo.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/display3.png

>> For my taste, there are too much buttons
>
> By "buttons" are you referring to those in palettes? - yes they are
> nearly all displayed at first. But if you close them down or hide
> individual buttons (right click) they will not come back.

That's what I mean. They come back each time I start the program.

> ' should be octave up, do you have a non-qwerty keyboard?
I have a German keyboard layout which means the รค is my ' ;) that works.

Cheers,
Joram