Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Problems compiling on Solaris 9 with GCC 3.3.2

From: Patrick Mauritz
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Problems compiling on Solaris 9 with GCC 3.3.2
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 18:54:24 +0100

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 09:43:33AM -0700, Tom Tromey wrote:
> This may not work.  I don't know the situation now, not having worked
> on a non-Linux box in a few years, but previously the choice of ld was
> made when configuring gcc, and actually changed gcc's behavior.
it definitely doesn't work

> Another possibility is to figure out how monotone should pass
> -static/-shared or equivalent options for the Sun ld, then either see
> if there is a way to do this that also works with GNU ld, or use
> configure to select the switches.
or just build the thing dynamically - iirc boost still tries to build some
libraries
as shared even if you ask it to build only static ones, yes, sucks..

same for monotone later, just configure with --enable-shared (doesn't work
otherwise
as pthreads and some other stuff doesn't exist as static libraries on solaris)

patrick mauritz