Re: developing the delaunayTriangulation class for Octave

From: Linux User
Subject: Re: developing the delaunayTriangulation class for Octave
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 12:50:26 -0500

>I guess a way of proving yourself able is to send some code (mfile or
C++) using Octave, with the corresponding tests, so we cna try it out
and check the quality. You can upload your code to agora.octave.org

I just posted some code today in stackexchange solving a slightly
unrelated problem to the delaunay triangles class:
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21662873/how-to-order-a-list-of-delaunay-triangles-to-a-ordered-percolation-list-in-octav/21814794#21814794>

This sample code I provided is a quick demo of what I can do in c++
and using dynamically linking functions to octave. I am pressed for
time at the moment and I did not get a chance to fully comment all of
the code, however I did provide a brief explanation of how to use the
function and how to generate a test for the function. I would
appreciate some tips on how to professionally comment code to give
easier readability for others in the future. I do not believe this
function should be posted in  agora.octave.org, because it is not
related to solving implementation problems from Matlab to Octave,
because I do not think this function exists in Matlab? However, if
anyone deems it worth, I would be willing to post it. I am still
reading through the literature on the "msh" package to see how I can
run it on Octave to calculate neighbors more efficiently then what I
have designed.

>Another possiibility that will also allow you to get an idea of the tools
you would have to be working with if working with Octave, is that you try
to download the default branch of Octave (which is the branch that includes
classdef) and compile it, then write a simple example using classdef.

I took a moment to briefly read through the installation process of
the classdef package, and I was hesitant to install it, because the
installation instructions suggested I had to install a cloned copy of
Octave alongside the original. I was worried if I attempted this
procedure I would overwrite Octave with another version and corrupt
files in the process. However, I am still reading through the
literature.

I am having trouble keeping up with my course work this semester, so I
will most likely be unable to yield fruitful results this semester,
however I should have free time when summer starts. My future is
uncertain at the moment, because I was just accepted into graduate
school to study High Energy Physics at the University of Connecticut.