Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: Serious PHPGroupware

From: Michael Meskes
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: Serious PHPGroupware
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 08:11:57 +0200

On Sun, Sep 08, 2002 at 10:20:25PM -0700, Dan Kuykendall wrote:
> >I reckon I am feeling fiesty as well.  But that's not a great leap
> >for me as you may know.  BTW, I am now solely an outside observer of
> >this project.
>
> I want to thank you for all the effort your have put into the project
> over the years. It is not secret that you and I have not always gotten
> along and we have had some rather bitter battles amoungst ourselves
> (which is one of the reasons I stayed away for awhile). However, your
> contribution to the project will always be remembered and appreciated. I
> wish your new project all the sucess in the world as well as yourself in
> general. Good bye and farewell.

I'm stunned about what's going on in this project behind the scenes!

> I have been very public about the change to the "core team" change we
> did last year.

Actually I for one really like that core team approach. Just check other
free software projects and you'll notice that the ones with a core team
leading make the best progress while the one with a classical one person
project management do not realize their potetial.

> You have said yourself over the last few months and in the above lines
> that the core team is not really working out for various reasons. So
> public opinion is what is left to me as well as my own development
> goals. Hopefully the coreteam will be able to get back together and get
> things moving along again.

This certainly does not create faith in the future development for me.
Hey, aren't we all here share a common goal?

> I have been active again and doing lots of development work in the
> background with some new ideas. I will be putting some more of these in
> CVS over the next couple of days in hopes that this project can get some
> new life and vigor. Right now phpGW basicly works very well and we need
> new ideas and new developer blood to make it more interesting.

Actually it needs quite some bug fixing and even more integration
between modules. And most of all it needs less war behind the scenes.

Sorry couldn't resist. I really like the software and I'm doing free
software for almost 10 years now, but I do not recall a similar
situation.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes