Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: Serious PHPGroupware

From: Michael Meskes
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: Serious PHPGroupware
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 19:17:15 +0200

On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 03:15:56AM -0700, Grant Bowman wrote:
> > Actually I for one really like that core team approach. Just check other
> > free software projects and you'll notice that the ones with a core team
> > leading make the best progress while the one with a classical one person
> > project management do not realize their potetial.
>
> Examples, please?  While I agree this may be true for established and
> stable projects I don't see alot of team led projects with pre 1.0
> software making much progress.

This of course depends on the version naming. How about KDE which always
was a group effort? Or PostgreSQL which was taken over at a version >
1.0 but didn't have any community until that group took over? Another
one? How about Debian? This project never had a real leader, neither as
a person nor a group.

I honestly believe that the core team approach is better than
conventional project management, but of course the core team has to find
a way to work together all tensions aside.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
address@hidden