Re: [Quilt-dev] quilt and debian (was something else)

From: Greg KH
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] quilt and debian (was something else)
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 18:37:40 -0800

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 10:00:33AM +0900, Yasushi SHOJI wrote:
> And, why don't we just do compile time check and install shell version
> of backup-files if we do not support _that_ arch? does debian have to
> have the shell version in all arch?

I don't understand the main problem here.  quilt relies on other
programs that have to run already that are written in C (bash, patch,
etc.)  So why would an arch not be able to build backup-files as well?

Is this some cross-compile issue that is not set up properly that causes
Debian problems?

thanks,

greg k-h