Re: [RP] Re: Ratpoison-devel digest, Vol 1 #248 - 12 msgs

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [RP] Re: Ratpoison-devel digest, Vol 1 #248 - 12 msgs
Date: Sat Feb 16 22:14:02 2002

Eduard Werner <address@hidden> writes:

> > > Just don't use UNMANAGED_WINDOW_LIST.  It's a REALLY bad idea.  If you
> > > switch away from the window, YOU CANNOT SWITCH BACK.
> >
> > C-t - usually works for me. I leave a bunch of unmanaged windows there.
> >

> Looks like the best solution so far. After switching to VMware with C-t -
> it doesn't get sluggish. (Isn't it funny how one single piece of commercial
> software can really thoroughly spoil working with computers ...)
>
> It still would be interesting to know what's so subtlely different in
> rp 1.0.0 and 1.0.1

The difference is when RP gets a ConfigureRequest it doesn't grant the
request, instead it insists that the window stay maximized. The
problem with this was that some apps with resize increment hints would
get caught in an infinite resize loop. So I changed it so RP grants
the configure request and then immediately after it maximizes the
window again. This seems to work flawlessly with every app I can
install on my machine...but VMWare for whatever reason doesn't like
it. The best thing would be to look at their source and...oh,
right...nevermind :(