[Savannah-hackers] Re: SPAM on the gnu.org mailing-list

From: Paul Fisher
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 12:44:12 -0400

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 02:18:36PM +0200, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> Several weeks ago, it was said that something will be done about spam
> on gnu.org mailing-list.

The new expected date for rollout is this Friday.  We're a bit
understaffed, to say the least, and so when other issues become
critical (such as fencepost getting cracked), the anti-spam
implementation gets pushed further back.

> I subscribed to this list and maybe 2 mails has been sent on this list
> since its creation.

There have been 12 emails to the spam-discuss mailing list since it's
creation.  The majority of those emails were to recap what was
discussed in meetings.  http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/spam-discuss/

> Mailman seems to have been recently reinstalled (or something like
> this) after the fencepost compromission. Now, on every mailing-list
> archives, complete email adresses of posters are shown, despite the
> fact that mailing-list admins set the privacy options to hide those
> emails.

Mailman was reinstalled -- configuration files remain the same as they
were prior to the reinstall.  I'll have to look into the archives
issue.  Can you tell me an example list where the settings were
changed?