[Savannah-hackers] SPAM on the gnu.org mailing-list

From: Mathieu Roy
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:18:36 +0200

Several weeks ago, it was said that something will be done about spam on gnu.org mailing-list.
A mailing-list was created to discuss and get news about it.
I subscribed to this list and maybe 2 mails has been sent on this list since its creation.

Mailman seems to have been recently reinstalled (or something like this) after the fencepost compromission. Now, on every mailing-list archives, complete email adresses of posters are shown, despite the fact that mailing-list admins set the privacy options to hide those emails.

About 40 % of my daily mail is spam. About 95 % of this spam comes from :
        - gnu.org hosted mailing-list
        - email adress found at gnu.org hosted mailing-list archives.

Please, help!