Re: [Simulavr-devel] simulavr on 'bsd

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] simulavr on 'bsd
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 10:19:15 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 8 Jan 2002, ken restivo wrote:

:)> terminal resizing without using resizeterm(). I will admit that it could
:)> be done if you worked with the internals of the window struct but I ain't
:)> gonna do that since it would be even less portable than using resizeterm.
:)
:)i've done it with SIGWINCH handlers, and then getting the new window
:)size coordinates through curses, but it's a pain in the ass. i agree
:)it's not worth it.
:)

:)>   http://www.netbsd.org/Changes/changes-1.6.html#curses(3)
:)
:)oh, cool. thanks!  i'll update to netbsd 1.6 and see what happens then.
:)
:)i'd suggest something like AC_CHECK_FUNC(resizeterm, ,
:)AC_MSG_ERROR("your curses implementation is too old. please update."))

I was already thinking about something like that. I try to fit it in
today.

:)> :)3)  texi is a NOP on netbsd. probably makes sense to do an AC_PROGRAM for
it,
:)> :)  and fail to ./configure without it, or allow an option to build w/o it.

This should be the only one left to do.

:)> :)4)  the use of times() in utils.c:get_program_time is broken on netbsd.
:)> :)  compiles fine, but causes segfaults. urk.
:)> :)  the netbsd docs recommend using gettimeofday() instead.
:)>
:)
:)some time ago, i sent you a quick patch that fixed this . it wasn't
:)perfect, but it worked for me, and might just need some cleaning up. i
:)can send it again if it is of any use.

I looked up your fix and it jives with what I just checked in.

Ted