Re: [Simulavr-devel] simulavr on 'bsd

From: Theodore Roth
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] simulavr on 'bsd
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 18:58:52 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 8 Jan 2002, ken restivo wrote:

:) thanks! works like a champ, on both linux and netbsd. i built with
:) curses disabled on netbsd 1.5.1 and enabled on linux. i also manually
:) removed @ac_doc_subdir@ from the makefile so it wouldn't complain about
:) tex. no prob. well done.

That's odd. I would hope that @ac_doc_subdir@ would be substituted out to
nothing in the top level Makefile. You really shouldn't have to do
anything manually. Did you run bootstrap then run configure again after
syncing with cvs?

I'll take another look at this when I get home later tonight.

:)
:) also, i noticed that simulavr runs several orders of magnitude faster
:) without a --disp-prog argument. the stuff that display.c is doing
:) doesn't look that expensive to me, but apparently it is. i'll take a
:) closer look some other time.

That's not all that surprising. Three processes with lots of output to
stdout/stderr are going to slow things down a lot. Lots of context
switches in there. I'll gladly take the speed hit for what I gain
debugging ability.

:)
:) again, thanks, and enjoy your vacation!

I only wish it was a vacation.

Ted