Re: [Simulavr-devel] simulavr on 'bsd

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] simulavr on 'bsd
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 13:17:37 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, ken restivo wrote:

:)i build from cvs, so i always ./bootstrap just to make sure i'm in
:)sync. which, by the way, has made life with simulavr much easier! i
:)have made a few "non-standard" hacks to simulavr, and now cvs just
:)patches right over them transparently, or flags me with any conflicts.
:)much faster and cleaner than untarring, diff'ing, and manually editing
:)patch files. perfect.

I just checked in a new version of config/check_texinfo.m4. See if that
works better on netbsd. If it's still not catching all the missing
programs for document generation, send me a patch with what I overlooked.
There should be zero user interaction when building beyond `./configure
[options] && make` or possibly `./bootstrap && ./configure [options] &&
make` if building from cvs.

If at all possible, you might want to be sure to use the same versions of
the autotools as I'm using. I've heard that things can go awry by using
different versions than the maintainer. I believe I already posted my
version numbers to the list, check the archives.

:)
:)thanks for taking the time and effort to get this up on savannah!

You're welcome.

Ted