Re: [Simulavr-devel] simulavr on 'bsd

From: ken restivo
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] simulavr on 'bsd
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 10:07:13 -0800

whoops. i didn't want to be the bottleneck holding up a release!

i believe my setup is all stock, but, as you point out, it is also old:
        NetBSD micron 1.5.1 NetBSD 1.5.1
        aclocal (GNU automake) 1.4
        Autoconf version 2.13
        automake (GNU automake) 1.4
        Autoconf version 2.13
        GNU Make version 3.79.1, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.

then ./bootstrap
then ./configure --with-avr-includes=/usr/local/avr/include --disable-curses
then gmake (i usually use gmake on netbsd)

the actual problem wasn't texi, it was texi2dvi and dvips (sorry, i didn't
catch that the first time):

gmake[1]: Entering directory `/avrstuff/simulavr/doc'
TEXINPUTS=../config/texinfo.tex:$TEXINPUTS \
  MAKEINFO='makeinfo -I .' texi2dvi simulavr.texi
simulavr.texi:213: Unknown command `option'.
simulavr.texi:213: Misplaced {.
simulavr.texi:213: Misplaced }.
simulavr.texi:219: Unknown command `option'.
simulavr.texi:219: Misplaced {.
simulavr.texi:219: Misplaced }.
simulavr.texi:264: Unknown command `option'.
simulavr.texi:264: Misplaced {.
simulavr.texi:264: Misplaced }.
simulavr.texi:264: Unknown command `option'.
simulavr.texi:264: Misplaced {.
simulavr.texi:264: Misplaced }.
makeinfo: Removing macro output file `/tmp/txi2d.23791/simulavr.texi' due to
errors; use --force to preserve.
tex: not found

TeX failed.  If the above said "tex: not found", you may need to install TeX;
it is available from the pkgsrc system in print/teTeX.
If TeX is installed, make sure it is in your $PATH, or set the environment
variable $TEX to its location.
dvips simulavr.dvi -o simulavr.ps
gmake[1]: dvips: Command not found
gmake[1]: *** [simulavr.ps] Error 127