Re: [Simulavr-devel] Help with New Example

From: Joel Sherrill
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Help with New Example
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 15:35:57 -0500

Joel Sherrill wrote:
Knut Schwichtenberg wrote:
Joel,

Joel Sherrill wrote:
All the set serial commands I see are like this:

FDBK RECV: --->set serialRx0 0x0<---
FDBK SET: serialRx0 ChangeValue 0x0

They all have 0 and that doesn't seem right. :(
Keep cool ;-). I copied only the first part of that window into the mail. The PC
I'm write this response does not have the actual version of simulavrxx and today
 I need to make some trace files for another project. So there are more lines
and I'll send them to you.

OK.  I am just frustrated. It seems like it should be easy.
I have looked at my feedback.tcl and am pretty sure
I copied too much from stdiodemo but still am apparently
not doing something right.
Is the pin toggling high and low like the serial data going out?
Does the feedback "receiver" need to read 8 bits and reassemble them?

If so, is "changeValue" actually the value of a "pin state"
(e.g. high, low, etc)

Trying very hard to figure this out.  It shows 'H' or 'L' in the
loop that receives the commands but 0 when it gets to the SerialRx object.

I see that TXD is the transmitter pin name in serialtx.cpp and that
does match the 128 manual.  Pins get pin state values and see that
but lose it after it goes to the ui port. and is "eval'ed" by the loop.

--joel

--joel