Re: [Simulavr-devel] Help with New Example

From: Knut Schwichtenberg
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Help with New Example
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 19:42:05 +0200

Joel Sherrill wrote:
> That's what I get also.  But shouldn't I see characters that
> are written to the UART in the feedback window?
Well, with the GUI the characters are moved into the related object and if the
feedback window is the character equivalent for the GUI, I would expect one set
of characters in the feedback window and one in the starting window.

> I agree I need to document this but I am thrilled you can use
> it and you see the potential. Even bigger smile.  My goal is that
> this is a way to avoid having a lot of duplicated Tcl and users
> can build custom things on it easily.
If one can program TCL (sorry but I never became a friend of TCL - my world is
perl).

> Would it make sense to have commands like "atmega128_addUart0"?
This is very close to a ticking list or a full grown simulator like vmlab - give
it a trial - former versions run under wine. It depends what you want to / can
do before you start your real-world application.

The manual wiring via Net-commands is like wire-wrapping a board. Integrated
commands is like soldering a PCB. Both have advantages and disadvantages.

Currently simulavr.tcl is not able to handle multi-CPU simulations what the
kernel can do. That game is even more complex! Until the GUI is not running
properly I'll provide an example for this.