Re: [Simulavr-devel] Help with New Example

From: Knut Schwichtenberg
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Help with New Example
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 20:34:18 +0200

Joel,

Joel Sherrill wrote:
> All the set serial commands I see are like this:
>
> FDBK RECV: --->set serialRx0 0x0<---
> FDBK SET: serialRx0 ChangeValue 0x0
>
> They all have 0 and that doesn't seem right. :(
Keep cool ;-). I copied only the first part of that window into the mail. The PC
I'm write this response does not have the actual version of simulavrxx and today
 I need to make some trace files for another project. So there are more lines
and I'll send them to you.

> Agreed.  But if the low level wire-wrapping commands are there,
> there is nothing wrong with proving integrated commands on
> top of them to make implementing common connections easier.
> We can call it an autorouter if you like.
Sounds good. There are Serial connections and LCD stuff which might become
targets for the autorouter.

 > No.  My goal was simply to provide the same functionality of
> the current main.cpp in Tcl so there was a baseline for the
> examples without duplicating the same initialization.
Okay, that's fine. For this purpose Klaus had a special main and the
checkdebug.tcl is easily able to handle multiple CPU's.

> ...testing on this first board done, I might be able to justify
> implementing when I approach the second board in their
> system.  Doing a multi-CPU simulation might be handy
> in that case.
There are some patchjes around for the verilog-IF. Currently I'm not sure if the
TCL approach is better than verilog or if I compare apples and peaches. But e.g.
the Scope function of simulavrxx is empty and if verilog is able to handle a
dynamic scope without programming it might be better to take that direction. For
a multi-CPU simulation you might also need a RS485 driver. That might be easier
to implement in verilog than programming simulavrxx. This is also a subject of
discussion. Also an external "function generator" is around for verilog.

Cheers
Knut