Re: [Simulavr-devel] Help with New Example

From: Joel Sherrill
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Help with New Example
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 16:14:41 -0500

Knut Schwichtenberg wrote:
Joel Sherrill wrote:
Is the pin toggling high and low like the serial data going out?
Does the feedback "receiver" need to read 8 bits and reassemble them?

If so, is "changeValue" actually the value of a "pin state"
(e.g. high, low, etc)
So my other traces are done and here is the full trace. But - think of an
asynchronous transmission - without timing information there are high - low
transitions but you can not tell if this makes sense or not. But at the end the
received bit-information is displayed via the serial?x.cpp.
As far as I understand the serial-simulation it needs to know the baudrate to
sample the bits at proper times. So, to test the serial simulation change the
baudrate of the simulation from 9600 to anything different. Then the basic
window should not show each character twice. Only the special-port will show the
right data.

What I could get to work is the opposite direction from the window to the avr. I
thought your feedback application is close to the stdio-example, that also
handles receiving of data.
Any ideas?
So you are confirming my understanding which makes it rather challenging
to reassemble the bits.

Would it be ok to add a "pin" which transmitted the entire byte at
the end of the character being clocked out?

A magic pin to hook higher level simulations too.

--joel