Re: [Gnash-dev] OpenVG support coming

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] OpenVG support coming
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 06:50:36 -0600

On 03/23/11 03:24, Sandro Santilli wrote:

> Problem is that when you're a working in a team, your "in steps" work
> gets in the way of others, which are forced to deal with issues
> that prevent them from properly testing/debugging their own code.

  The way I work has never gotten in anyone's way in the 34yrs I've been
writing code. Most hacker's I've worked with follow the same style I
use. In a real team we work on bugs together, not pointing fingers and
insulting each other. If you want to talk about when you have created
issues that I've had to deal with, and often lost weeks of time over, I
have plenty of examples. In a real team these issues crop up all the
time, it's how the real world works. You are just overly sensitive. But
let's not start another flame war. This is now degenerating from
technical issues to personal ones, let's stop it now.

> What does libdevice do ?

  It's a library that deals with hardware devices. :-) In this case
input and output devices. Input devices were moved from gui/fb and
improved to work with a touchscreen. The VAAPI code was also moved, as
I'll be adding other hardware acceleration devices (OMAP) in the future
for ARM. This sure would be easier if you actually looked at the code.

> I'd prefer much more you change the _new_ renderers to use the _existing_
> API, unless that one is really impossible to use, in which case I'd like

  Now you're being silly. Any rendering API changes are necessary to
supporting OpenVG and OpenGLES1. It's not a new API, it's just been
tweaked to support the new renderer.