Re: [Adonthell-devel] Battle System

From: Ricardo Colon
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Battle System
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 21:13:47 -0500 (EST)

I do also have to say that there's one HUGE advantage of having real-time
battles. With real-time battles, it's possible to add a co-op mode.
Turn-based strategy is ultimately geared towards one player(in my
opinion).

Imagine playing Adonthell in co-op mode via the net.
Now that would be really cool...But maybe I'm getting ahead of myself.....

Also, keep in mind that one reason why the Secret of Mana interface was so
easy to navigate is due to having the SNES controller. I can't imagine doing
the same thing on a computer keyboard. In terms on control, I still think
computer keyboards are a somewhat clunky interface. Try playing Street
Fighter on a keyboard and see if you can still execute those complex
combos.

If there is an option to play adonthell with a gamepad, I would make the
keyboard controls very simple. Otherwise, you'd run out of buttons on the
gamepad.

                                -- R: