Re: [Adonthell-devel] Battle System

From: F ker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Battle System
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 04:21:32 +0000 (GMT)

> > A thought on magic.  What about hotkeys?
>
> Hrm. A cool idea

i.e. like good ol' Phantasy Star.....

talking of magic, I just played the kewel wastes edge demo (you'll
probably have read the silly post that I made on how I got it to
compile on my system..), and a thought struck me during the closing
cutscene during the bit about that tart creating magic rings and
things.... what about MAKING magic?  i.e. find/buy/steal magic
stones, find/buy/steal ingredients, infuse stones with ingredients
and get a magic item with random stats.  Can you think... millions of
combinations of magic, all slightly different, all ready to be
discovered, along with a few special combinations that do really
powerful magic.

I dunno, just a thought... it's your game.  But I warn you, when I
grok all you sources and make my own game, muHAHAHAHAHA you will all
bow down to me!