bibledit-general

Re: [be] Installing Bibledit on Mac OS X

From: Brian Wilson
Subject: Re: [be] Installing Bibledit on Mac OS X
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 06:30:45 +0700

Hi,

Using  OSX Mountain Lion I installed macports via the installation package from macports.org
Then.

sudo port selfupdate
sudo port upgrade outdated
sudo port install bibledit
sudo port installed bibledit
  bibledit @4.7_0 (active)

Then

bibledit-gtk
(process:60220): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
Using the fallback 'C' locale.
Segmentation fault: 11

Upon entering the bibledit-gtk command in a terminal, bibledit blinks on for about a second or less. I have tried this multiple times. At first there was also a window stating that bibledit wanted to connect to the internet. It took me a half a dozen times or so to get my mouse in position and click quickly enough to click accept, with the only apparent difference being that now when I type the bibledit-gtk command, the window regarding internet connection no longer appears.

I also received the following error upon one of my attempts, but this was not repeated.

Locale not supported by C library.
Using the fallback 'C' locale.
Abort trap: 6

Hope that this documentation helps the conversation.

God bless,

Brian

Brian Wilson, Director

Mekong Information Technology Co., Ltd.
Dong Dok, Saythany, Vientiane Municipality
Lao PDR

Tel/Fax: (+85621) 725010
Mobile: (+85620) 9646-7085

And so the visitor turned sadly away, thinking for what miserable messes of pottage men and women are willing to sell their glorious birthright as children of God. -- Ellen White.