Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Use models (eas Re: emas-wiki, blosxom, and oth

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Use models (eas Re: emas-wiki, blosxom, and other stuff
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 14:19:25 +0100

TC wrote:
| But, based on the defaults in the lisp, I have two different source
| directories (~/Wiki and ~/Blosxom/Wiki), and one publish directory.
| When I add planner, I'll have another source directory (~/Plan), and, in
| my case for security reasons, a second publish directory.
|
| Is that the intended default use?  *Is* there such a thing?

In terms of directories?  Yes, that's how emacs figures out what mode
to use (emacs-wiki for ~/Wiki, blosxom for ~/Blosxom/Wiki etc.),

| Gary (for example), do you use *only* the blosxom mechanisms? If not
| (i.e. if you also edit emacs-wiki files directly) do you still have
| the two different directories (~/Wiki and ~/BlosxomWiki).

No, I have a tree like this:

~
`-- WebWiki
~    |-- WikiProjects
~    |   |-- BlosxomWiki
~    |   |   |-- computers
~    |   |   |   |-- apple
~    |   |   |   |   `-- macosx
~    |   |   |   `-- programming
~    |   |   ...
~    |   |
~    |   |-- Wiki
~    |   `-- WikiPlanner
~    |__ blosxom
~    |   |-- computers
~    |   |   |-- apple
~    |   |   |   `-- macosx
~    |   |   `-- programming
~    |   ...
~    |
~    |-- images
~    |-- planner
~    |-- stylesheets
~    `-- {archives}
~        `-- 2004
~            |-- =meta-info
~            |-- emacs-wiki
~            |   `-- emacs-wiki--gary
~            ...

My WikiProjects contains the different Wiki projects (one each for
emacs-wiki, emacs-wiki-blosxom and planner), and they publish to
~/WebWiki, ~/WebWiki/blosxom and ~/WebWiki/planner respectively.
The whole heirarchy is what you see from tkd.kicks-ass.net.  You can
see the blosxom categories for publication by blosxom.cgi mirroring
the categories I set up with emacs-wiki-blosxom, and my arch archives.

Basically I use straight emacs-wiki for substantial site content (e.g.
my essay on TaeKwonDo history), and I try to do project planning for
software projects (libtool, m4, emacs-wiki!!) in planner.  I've set up
remember-blosxom so that I can write a blog entry with M-x remember and
C-c C-c, which publishes it right away so blosxom.cgi can serve it immediately.

The other quirk in my set up is that I have put the project source
trees for all three modes *inside* the publication tree.  This is
needed to let the "Source" links at the bottom of some of my published
pages point to the raw source text.

Some of the other pages on my site are served by ViewArch and Roundup,
which is why I have five tabs in the navigation bar ("Home" == emacs-wiki.el,
"Journal" == emacs-wiki-blosxom.el, "Planner" == planner.el,
"Arch" == ViewArch.cgi and "Issues" == roundup.cgi)

Cheers,
        Gary.
- --
Gary V. Vaughan      ())_.  address@hidden,gnu.org}