Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: ANN: Linux Kernel Arch Repository

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: ANN: Linux Kernel Arch Repository
Date: 23 Sep 2003 20:04:28 +0900

Ok, I've written a shell script to do renaming inside an archive.

It's called `tla-munge-archive-names' in my tla-tools package.

Basic usage is:  tla-munge-archive-names /MATCH/REPLACE/ ARCHIVE_DIR
where / can be replaced by any character.  The matching/replacing is
always done on _full version names_, complete with archive component.

For instance if you want to follow the naming suggestions on this
thread, and your archive is stored in ~/arch/linux, you might do
something like this:

   $ cd ~/arch
   $ cp -a linux linux-backup
   $ cp -a linux linux-munged
   $ tla-munge-archive-names
'|/linus--(.*)--|/linux--linus-\1--|;|--linus-mainline--|--linus--|'
linux-munged
   ... wait...
   $
   ... do lots of testing...
   ... if it looks OK, then:
   $ mv linux linux-backup2
   $ mv linux-munged linux

[Did I mention, keep lots of backup copies!]

`tla-munge-archive-names --help' will give you a big help printout.

-Miles
--
`To alcohol!  The cause of, and solution to,
 all of life's problems' --Homer J. Simpson