Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: ANN: Linux Kernel Arch Repository

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: ANN: Linux Kernel Arch Repository
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 11:54:43 -0400

On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 09:37:02AM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> Seems to have done somewhat of a half job.  Consider:
>
> $ pwd
> /home/jgoerzen/tla/repos/linux-renamed/linus/linus--mainline/linus--mainline--2.4/patch-25

It does contain code to rename the directories (which seemed to work when I
tested it).  Perhaps this didn't work correctly on your tree, but note that
it doesn't do any renaming until the very end (after it's modified all the
files); did you wait until it finished?

I'll look and see if I see any obvious bugs.

> Another problem is that it deleted all of my cached revs and did not
> recreate them later.  Again, I could do that manually, but in an
> archive this size, there are several of them scattered across several
> different branches, so it's a pain just finding them.

It deletes cached revisions intentionally to avoid having to deal with that
case, on the theory that they're pretty easy to recreate.  I can look at
processing them, but it's probably easier for you to just save a list of
cached revisions and recreate them after your done.  For instance, here's a
little shell blurb to get a list of cached revisions:

   tla abrowse --versions | grep -e '--.*--' | xargs -n1 tla cachedrevs

[note: uses the default archive]

-Miles
--
80% of success is just showing up.  --Woody Allen