Re: divisi parts and another general question

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: divisi parts and another general question
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2013 02:16:36 +0100

> Hi David,
>
>> Have you even tried it?
>
> Prior to v2.17, I used a function which, to my memory, is identical to
> the one you've posted. There were bugs with it (specifically with
> \transpose or \relative — I never hunted down the exact problem).

That makes me doubt your memory.

> I have far too much work composing and engraving right now (~18 months
> of classical and music theatre commissions) to spend time testing your
> function.

That is no problem as long as you don't promote rather opaque code to
others without good reason.

> However, if you'd like to exhaustively test the two versions with
> multiple \transpose and \relative commands, etc., and get back to me
> with a whitepaper on the results, I would be happy to look it over.

There is little point for me to test identical music expressions for
identical results.  I have to admit _one_ difference: I've drawn
\oneVoice into a more logical place.  You can move it back to the end of
the function if you want to but I don't see that making a difference in
the typeset results.

Other than that, the function will produce exactly the same music
expression after this change, just written in a different manner.

--
David Kastrup