[Mldonkey-users] Enough is enough! Please read this!

From: Stephane Goulet
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Enough is enough! Please read this!
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 23:26:09 -0500

Hi Peter, i read your post, and i'm happy to see that others think like
this!

We did all the changes they asked, most of those simply because windows
users were extremely jealous before emule, but now they accept non-official
clients.... And there's lungdumb who dosen't want us to share sources so he
can keep it's control.... with his "smart" sources and stuff like that..
anyway, you can see that now his *only* goal is to have a maximum number of
users "served" even if it means *not* giving out sources and generally doing
what a server's job is... Personally, i don't care if it takes a few more
seconds to get sources or to find open slots on servers, since a donkey
client is normally running for a long time, but i DO care to finish
dowloads. Lumbdumb's hacks makes it really more troble to get rare files..

I'll simply say, as you said, we must be stealth.
We should examine their blocking mechanisms and only change so we dont get
kicked because they say we are "more" agressive then them.

Now with emules uploading mostly to emules... i'd really like an option for
us too wich would be something like upload to other mldonkey clients first
and give others only the remaining bandwith.. since WE have no 0-upload
patches, stuff WILL be shared, and in a much better way (sources spreading),
afterwards, they will get the stuff too, but it just won't be wasted to
winlusers leeching from strong unix servers.

C'étais mon grain de sel..
(as we say here ;) )
Stéphane