Re: [Mldonkey-users] Enough is enough! Please read this!

From: Peter Müller
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Enough is enough! Please read this!
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 06:41:30 +0100 (CET)

 --- Peter Mueller <address@hidden> schrieb:

> Hi all,

Uh, there is another Peter Mueller in this universe?
(:

> now begins a very long posting, but I hope that
> *you*
> read it. I wrote about 3 hours on it!

Your eMule-Manta theory is absolute fantastic. For the
people who doesn't know about Manta. This was a very
famous german "poor-man" sportscar (maybe there were
clones from holden/australia or vauxhall/england) from
the early 70's up to the end of the 80's. I think it
was inspired by the chevrolet camaro (for our american
friends). The drivers were young, stupid and had
problems with their girl-friends. (:

I think Jed Mcaleb (is this the correct name?) is in a
situation that aliens wants to take over his baby or
they even done it. His business modell was to earn
money with client-registrations and
banner-advertising. This way is dead. It was dead
before mldonkey and eMule entered the stage. We all
know that mldonkey is only used by a small part of the
community and most of them are experienced *nix users
with social competence (and filesharing needs social
competence). On the other hand the windows-people got
another toy. Masses of them use it because its
colorful and fancy. A lot of people in my environment
never saw the original client and they are sucking
like mad with eMule. They know nothing about the
edonkey-mechanism and even don't want to know it. They
mistake edonkey for ftp and every voodoo for faster
downloading is welcome. That's not funny, but its the
reallity. From this point of view, I can understand
that Jed hits the brake. As a side-effect we are
affected, too.

I wrote it weeks before. Mldonkey (the client) should
come back to the roots. This multinetwork-features are
nice in a technical way, but the rest of the world
doesn't understand this and they think they are in
disadvantage with their client. And there will be
always a nanny for them to act like a headsman (insert
your favorite dserver-patcher here). Maybe the
business modell is affected a second time. As far as I
know overnet should "earn" money with dedicated
content (movies apart the hollywood mainstream).

Everything that we can do, is to be smart. Arguing
with them is senseless. Let the community be smart,
let the coder be smart and let the whole client be
smart. The client should act like a phantom (naturally
still up- & downloading) and everytime a lugdunum-boy
puts his slimy fingers on it, we (the client
inclusive) should "escape" like a wet peace of soap in
the shower... We shouldn't feed them!

P.S. Maybe its a good situation that mldonkey is
banned from the official forum. I hope mldonkey gets
out of focus now. There was too much bad publicity before.

Möchten Sie mit einem Gruß antworten? http://grusskarten.yahoo.de