Re: [Mldonkey-users] Enough is enough! Please read this!

From: Martin
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Enough is enough! Please read this!
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 15:30:23 +0100

Matthias Witassek wrote...
> Furthermore, it sounds like the beginning of a "war" between mldonkey
> and eMule/eDonkey. This would lead into a split of the community and of
> the network. Both clients would lose (sources and availability of
> files), perhaps one of them would even disappear.

Wouldnt say both will loose - just one - (not our)

> Is this what you want? Weakening of the donkey network?
> I think we have other enemies to concentrate on, e.g. the RIAA and the
> MPAA. On their black lists eDonkey is on top.

ACK

> I understand your annoyance about eMule's strategy of preferring other
> eMule clients in sharing. This "feature" must be removed.

but as i saw the postings in the emule developers forum theres no
chance in hell this will happen...

> But despite this eMule is a popular windoze client with a really good
> and easy-to-use GUI suitable for its users. Mldonkey lacks this.

Im not missing anything here!!!

> They cannot live without us, as well as we cannot live without them.

NACK

> 1. Stop developing interfaces to other networks like KaZaA for the
> moment and start repairing the donkey network. This would be best done
> by improving the already built-in mldonkey server, maybe releasing a
> server-only version. Most important thing here is: This server MUST BE
> FREE. There must not be any client detection or things like that. We
> have to show that everybody is welcome and equally treated.

I would prefer a server-buildin client without the option to disable it!

> 2. Start porting mldonkey to windoze. Yes, you read it right.

I dont think its possible! Theres somthing missing in winblows: its
called an OS!!!

Martin
--
GPGKEYID=6E6C3431 / SERVER=WWWKEYS.DE.PGP.NET
BOFH excuse : Defunct processes