Re: [Mldonkey-users] Now that Filenexus, Sharereactor and Jigle are gone

From: kami petersen
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Now that Filenexus, Sharereactor and Jigle are gone
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 17:17:12 +0100

Curtis Magyar wrote:

That sounds an aweful lot like freenet.  Has anyone given any thought to
adding a freenet plugin to mldonkey?

On Sat, 2004-03-20 at 11:29 +0100, kami petersen wrote:
what do you think? have you given any thougt to read the archives?

What do I think?  I think you're being a smart ass.

so what's the point of the plugin? we didn't need a plugin to access shareractor.

This whole thread is about implementing exactly what freenet does, and
nobody has mentioned it yet.  The question was :

It could for example be loaded automatically through edonkey
network once a day or something... So how about it? Any other ideas?

Using Freenet is the idea I'm proposing.
great idea! have you actuall tried doing anything with freenet? just because everybody want's it to work doesn't mean it does.

you could set up such a site on freenet with ed2k://'s today, but using freenet currently (and in foreseable future) is as much a time waste as it is reading through these periodic naive, ignorant "i-propose-a-new-plugin-that-makes-everything-invisble"-mails to this list and the forums.

curtis, this is not so much about you, as it is about a whole set of dreamers and vaporware-hackers who would be better accomodated over at zeropaid.com.

cheers,
kami