RE: [Openvds-devel] Control Panel for OpenVDS-2

From: Dave Cost
Subject: RE: [Openvds-devel] Control Panel for OpenVDS-2
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 09:01:10 -0800

> Hmm now doesn't that sounds bitching.. How can I help out making this
> happen ?
> Also something to keep in mind probably is that one probably want to
> keep somewhat access over apache/sendmail so that you don't sell a
> $99/mo virtual server and someone setup and in their turn sell
> shitload of virtual domains.

If you have a better machine to sell, then you can sell it at higher prices,
or limit the amount of domains one can enable, or don't limit at all, and
just run a daily check to report the number of domains per virtual.

However, the choice will be yours. Either create your hard-linked virtual
server, or create a totally free virtual for a higher price ;-)

Regarding the control modules, I'd opt for a webmin module to interface with
the svsdadm utility and a limited webmin edition inside the virtuals. The
limited edition will not have the hardware modules as they are useless
inside a virtual (a virtual can't change it's ip address nor it can down an
internface).

Dave.