Re: [Openvds-devel] Control Panel for OpenVDS-2

From: Joe Cooper
Subject: Re: [Openvds-devel] Control Panel for OpenVDS-2
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 13:25:35 -0600

Dave Cost wrote:

>> Yep...The 'special' apache/etc. has always rubbed me the wrong
>> way. Webmin is definitely a better frontend and with a couple of
>> custom modules for virtual hosting administration at the VDS
>> level will be ideal for hosts offering reseller accounts, etc.
>> (I already have development going in the area of the custom virt
>> modules...it's at mojo.sourceforge.net.  Still way incomplete,
>> but back in development now that I have a little more time.)
>>

> Do you know about the isp4linux module for webmin? another cp which
> looks nice is webcp.can-host.com

I've just checked out isp4you. It seems rather modest in its goals...far more humble an approach to the problem than what I have in mind for mojo (mojo already does more than isp4you, though mojo is probably more brittle and rough around the edges). There's nothing wrong with the approach they've taken--it just won't do for a commercial product competing with Plesk/Ensim/Cobalt/etc.

Also just checked webcp...now that is more promising, indeed! Very very nice looking, and approaching the feature set I have planned for mojo (and certainly a lot more featureful than mojo today). I've fetched it for research...I don't think it will suit my needs directly but I'm betting I can learn a lot from it, since they've already solved most of the problems I have to address with mojo. Thanks for the link. Now I've got to dig up a reference on PHP so I can figure out how to read the code.
--
Joe Cooper <address@hidden>
http://www.swelltech.com