RE: [Openvds-devel] Control Panel for OpenVDS-2

From: Dave Cost
Subject: RE: [Openvds-devel] Control Panel for OpenVDS-2
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 13:43:35 -0800

> Nifty.  Much better idea for hosting.  Will look into this...When do you
> plan to begin implementing a capabilities-based version?  I'll spend
> some time on paralleling the development in a Webmin module.

I have a working version already, but I'm writing some scripts to make it
usable. Stuff like the kickstart installation and upgrade. Once ready, I'll
repackage the redhat 7.2 distribution on 1 CD, removing the unnecessary
packages and including the openvds ones, just to make it easy for us to
experiment.

The idea with webmin is to make the module a wrapper for the command line
utility (svsdadm). This way we won't have to write the administration code
twice. Also, svsdadm should stop messing with the configuration files of the
virtuals (i.e. no mode mod_apache, mod_xxxxx), as this is all functionality
where webmin and other managers are much better doing. The idea is to limit
the svsdadm utility to more administrative tasks like creation/removal of
virtual servers, package upgrades, process statistics.

Dave.