Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] The GIF issue

From: Miles Lott
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] The GIF issue
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 22:37:57 -0600

To me the real issue is in who has control over the project.
This is our software, for the moment.  I have no interest in
bending over for these powers that would be over this or any
'ethical issue'.

If there were a real legal or technical problem then I could
understand worrying about it a bit.  Since there isn't, this
is only a strongarm attempt to have us exchange our own ethics
for someone else's so that we may remain under the umbrella
of protection that GNU can provide to shield us against large
corporations and other interests taking our code to do with as
they please... hmmm....

If you like our project enough to want to base GNU's
business operations on it, then accept it warts and all.
Perhaps we could fork the code.  Or, you could always fork
yourselves.