RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] The GIF issue

From: Justin
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] The GIF issue
Date: 18 Jan 2002 11:15:46 -0600

On Fri, 2002-01-18 at 09:56, Andrew Lovell wrote:
> Guys this is starting to get to me, when we were on sf.net everyone was
> whining that they were starting to do things a way the "we" did not like,
> now we've moved to Savannah and we are whining that they want us to adhere
> to some of their principles!
>
> Damn let's be a bit more pragmatic! gnu.org are offering us a service free
> of charge but in exchange they want us to follow some of their rules! Ok so
> maybe it is going to give us a bit of work SO BLOODY WHAT!
>
> Let's stop whining and get-on with doing what "we" do best: Producing an
> Excellent suite of Groupware Applications! and let's forget the politics!
> ok?

I agree.  I haven't spoken up till now, because I don't think any of
this is my decision to make.  Let the people in charge make the decision
of what they want to do, and I'm going to deal with it.

If the decision is to convert all gifs to pngs/jpegs, and move gifs to a
different site, then so be it.  We'll just create a simple script that
goes out and grabs the gifs and untars them in the correct locations.
It's really not that hard, compared to the work already put into phpgw.

Justin