[Phpgroupware-developers] Re: darn near email done, merge notification

From: Jason Wies
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: darn near email done, merge notification
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 16:35:58 -0500

On Sun, Feb 03, 2002 at 04:40:21PM -0600, Mark A Peters wrote:

> And to address one other point:  When the original feature freeze was
> called for, and when I created the .tar.gz, .bz2, .zip, and .rpm files
> there was in excess of 1 month between those dates.  By all accounts, 1
> month is more than sufficient time to have features coded and added for
> inclusion.  And I remember it was just recently, within the last 5 days,
> that issues were still being brought to everyone's attention.

I must misunderstand the nature of a feature freeze.  I thought the process was:

Announce that there will be a feature freeze
Code features
Enact feature freeze and create new branch
Fix bugs, no new features in the new branch

In this case, the enacting came three days after the announcement, and the only
reason the branch wasn't created as soon was because of the SF->Savannah move.
Are you saying that the process is actually:

Announce that there will be a feature freeze, enact feature freeze and create
new branch
Add new features
Create RC, no new features in new branch

If that's the case, then sorry for bringing it up, but I really thought that
when Milosch announced the feature freeze that meant it was time to concentrate
on fixing bugs, and save new features for HEAD.

Jason Wies aka Zone