Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] cdb

From: Heiko Schwarzenberg
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] cdb
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 12:05:45 +0100

At 11:34 06.02.2002 +0100, you wrote:
On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 12:17:33AM -0800, Patrick J. Walsh wrote:
>       Well of course you should make this available.  I will gladly look
>       at it very closely when you do.

We will, I'm just not sure how usable it is right now. Heiko?

comparing to the existing addressbook, its not usable yet at all. there's still a lot to do. until now you can already add both kind of contacts (organizations and persons) but stuff like edit or display the
entries is not working really... but.. i do my best :-)

Also, how do we make it available? Sending a patch?

what about cvs?

>       Yes, infolog allows you to log phone calls and such.  What I
>       So infolog has some functionality along these lines, but I would
> envision a grander system with the contact database as the core interface.

Me too. But I'd like to use existing components as much as possible. This
has several advantages:
- faster development
- better tested
- can work with the parts that are there already without risking a large
data migration

I think we should try to integrate the modules addressbook (no matter which
one it is in the end), infolog, projects and cdb as much as possible so we
get a well rounded system.

a problem is the fact that apps like email and projects use the contact-class of the api the get an address out of the addressbook.
this contact-class had to be adjusted ...

Heiko