Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] cdb

From: Michael Meskes
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] cdb
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 11:34:01 +0100

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 12:17:33AM -0800, Patrick J. Walsh wrote:
>       Well of course you should make this available.  I will gladly look
>       at it very closely when you do.

We will, I'm just not sure how usable it is right now. Heiko?

Also, how do we make it available? Sending a patch?

>       Yes, infolog allows you to log phone calls and such.  What I
>       So infolog has some functionality along these lines, but I would
>       envision a grander system with the contact database as the core
> interface.

Me too. But I'd like to use existing components as much as possible. This
has several advantages:
- faster development
- better tested
- can work with the parts that are there already without risking a large
data migration

I think we should try to integrate the modules addressbook (no matter which
one it is in the end), infolog, projects and cdb as much as possible so we
get a well rounded system.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes