Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] darn near email done, merge notification (

From: Michael Meskes
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] darn near email done, merge notification (fwd)
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 12:34:25 +0100

On Sun, Feb 03, 2002 at 09:27:29PM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> since we had this situation already with the 0.9.12 release, i would like
> to ask angles if he can not see the sense of a feature freeze to
> get a stable release or if this last changes on the email app were meant
> as bug fixes.

I'm not Angles obviuosly but that's the impression I got. I do of course
agree that new features should not be brought into 14.

> im sure it would be a nice mess if some apps in the RC2 of 0.9.14 would
> work in a different way than they did in RC1...

But isn't that the description of a new feature rather than a bug fix?

> k, you could say its only the email app which changed. but why shouldn't

To me that's not an argument. :-)

As I said before, I wasn't entering the feature/bug fix discussion but had
problems with the communication. PHPGW is getting larger in terms of user
base and developers by the minute and needs a sound communication or else it
may start a downward spiral. And frankly, I would not like that.

Talking about communications, is there a centralized way of how to submit
bug reports/feature requests in a way that I get a note when the bug is
actually fixed resp. the feature added?

Michael
--
Michael Meskes