Re: "Too many arguments", SuSE 6.2

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: "Too many arguments", SuSE 6.2
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 11:12:32 -0600

"Marcus G. Daniels" wrote:

> I think these backtraces aren't where the segfault actually occurs.
> These look like the debugger catching thread signals.  If you want to
> see where it actually occurs, you'll probably have to install gdb from
> development sources: http://sourceware.cygnus.com/gdb.  It should be
> as easy as configure, make, make install.  That gdb will do a better
> job of tracking threads, too (as well as not crashing).  Just install
> it in /usr/local or some out of the way place.  A different way to get
> rid of those stops in gdb would be to configure Tcl/Tk with the
> --disable-threads configure option.

Remember the objc patch on the gnustep site?

ftp://ftp.gnustep.org/pub/gnustep/patches/gdb-4.17-objc-unoff-980505.patch.gz

Has anybody tried it with the devel version of gdb cited above?  Its
readme claims it is good for any gdb from 4.16 upwards, but I don't
know.

I'm only asking because compiling gdb takes so dang long, and because
Marcus mentioned that there was a bogus gdb floating around...