Re: "Too many arguments", SuSE 6.2

From: Matt Aylward
Subject: Re: "Too many arguments", SuSE 6.2
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 12:47:51 +0800

Marcus,
I am still making progress. installed gdb from development sources so I now
get more information

 163 updated Heterozostera agents have "stepped" at time: 11
 46 new Heterozostera agents at time: 11
 117 survivor Heterozostera agents at time: 11
 19 Heterozostera agents to reap at time: 11

objc_msg_lookup (receiver=0x81531a8, op=0x805d950)
    at /home/matt/src/swarm/swarm-1999-11-21/libobjc/sendmsg.c:143
143       if(receiver)
(gdb)

This suggests that it is bailing out during a recursive neighbourhood search
to determine the size and stats of contiguous seagrass patches for agent
classification purposes. I assume something has changed in swarm or the objc
which is stricter on recursion. A change to a new set of input parameters
results in a segfault at time=18. Maybe the recursion just gets too deep as
the patches get bigger? I think I will need to change the search to an
iterative search, though that is not so intuitive to write.

Any other ideas would be much appreciated.

Cheers and grats,
Matt

 --
      Matt Aylward <address@hidden>
Deptartment of Botany, University of Western Australia