Re: "Too many arguments", SuSE 6.2

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: "Too many arguments", SuSE 6.2
Date: 29 Nov 1999 10:57:42 -0800

>>>>> "PJ" == Paul Johnson <address@hidden> writes:

ftp://ftp.gnustep.org/pub/gnustep/patches/gdb-4.17-objc-unoff-980505.patch.gz

PJ> Has anybody tried it with the devel version of gdb cited above?
PJ> Its readme claims it is good for any gdb from 4.16 upwards, but I
PJ> don't know.

I think it needs some non-trivial work to be integrated with >= 4.18.
I'm not going to do this work unless a SDG member asks for it,
realizing:

 1) that the existing work will never be integrated into the mainline
    sources because the copyright was never assigned to the FSF from Apple
    (the author has moved on to another employer).

 2) that it would be full time work for at least a week, and that would
    stop other Swarm work.  (If this is the patch is that I think it is --
    please do try it and see.)

 3) GDB is usable as is, once you understand that classes are
    structs, that method implementations have mangled C counterpart
    symbols, and that line numbers can be used for breakpoints anyway.

To do the job right, the Objective C support should really be re-written
so that it can be assigned to the FSF and be maintained by Cygnus.