Re: Status of MacOSX

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: Re: Status of MacOSX
Date: 21 Jan 2003 17:27:43 -0800

DH> I have been reading now and then the work being done on MacOSX.
DH> I'm glad to hear that there is interest in this port.

DH> Since so much of the conversation to date has been deep in context
DH> and since I don't have familiarity with OSX...is it safe to assume
DH> that OSX is still not swarm-friendly?

DH> I am going to have to rewrite and rerun parts of my simulation for
DH> an upcoming project, and I want to implement a hardware and
DH> version freeze.  Since I have to pick my hardware soon, I have to
DH> make the decision between a Mac (which I prefer) and a linux box,
DH> since windows is far too slow for my needs.

DH> Thanks!

DH> Darold Higa

Hi Darold,

Good to hear that you're still following the development.  By the way,
we recently the following e-mail about your old link to your old
LinuxPPC port.  Do you have a more recent link, or should I remove the
link altogether?

Bill (if you get this), we have a new task area for the MacOS X and at
our new Savannah development site here:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/pm/task.php?group_project_id=495&group=swarm&func=browse

Bill Northcott at UNSW in Australia is leading the charge on the port
(with help from Alex Perrone, Marc-Antoine Parent and others).

Alex