Re: [Libert� 0] Re: [Audio-video] http://audio-video.gnu.org/video/ghm20

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Liberté 0] Re: [Audio-video] http://audio-video.gnu.org/video/ghm2013/Samuel_Thibault_Jean-Philippe_Mengual-Freedom_0_for_everybody_really_.text
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 20:04:48 -0400

    I didn t see yet the RMLL talks videos (I do not have enough internet
    data access to watch them all currently), but I didn t see a such claim
    in Samuel s talk  Where did you see it more precisely?

Here are excerpts that show the problems:

      And, even if Apple products are essentially binding you to
    Apple products and removing freedom from you, they actually provide a
    lot of freedom to a lot of people, just because then, they become able
    to use the computer.  And I have to say that the free software doesn't
    provide so much freedom, in that regard.

and here:

    It's actually a question of freedom.  Is it a legal freedom, freedom
    #0?  Or is it a technical freedom?  Or is it about people, being able to
    use the software?  In the past thirty years of GNU, we have pretty much
    succeeded on the legal and technical aspects of freedom #0.

There may be more -- I have not tried to make an exhaustive list -- but these
show what the problem is.

A lot of the talk explains practical problems of accessibility.  That
is very useful; I just wish it were not combined with these
problematical points.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation