Re: Re: [Libert� 0] Re: [Audio-video] http://audio-video.gnu.org/video/g

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Re: [Liberté 0] Re: [Audio-video] http://audio-video.gnu.org/video/ghm2013/Samuel_Thibault_Jean-Philippe_Mengual-Freedom_0_for_everybody_really_.text
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 01:46:00 -0400

    Maybe we are not explicit enough. We must work to explain what
    accessibility means, indeed. It is not about developing new
    functionalities but make the software compatible with the
    assistive technologies.

That is self-contradictory, because accessibility IS a set of
functionalities.  For instance, the capacity to vocalize the screen
is a functionality.

"Making the software compatible the assistive technologies" is a
METHOD of implementing these functionalities in a given program.

Your statement treats those as a choice of one or the other, when in
fact the two go together.

It is hard for you and me to communicate.  Can Alexandre Garreau speak
for your organization and make an agreement for it?  He and I can
communicate, so if agreement can be reached, he's in a good position
to reach it.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation